Makes 12-15 cups
Caramel [Peanut] Nougat
- 1 cup soaked dates
- 1/4 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 12-15 pecan halves
** To make this more like a peanut butter cup, use 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter instead of the cashews.
- Melt coconut oil in a double boiler on low heat.
- Blend all ingredients except the pecans, in a high speed blender.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Add teaspoon-sized amounts to paper muffin cups or silicon molds.
- Press a pecan half into the top of each nougat ball to flatten.
- Put into the freezer to set while preparing the chocolate.
- 1 cup raw cacao butter
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/ 4 cup coconut sugar (ground in a spice grinder)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Melt cacao butter in a double boiler on low heat.
- Whisk all ingredients, except the coconut oil), together for 3 minutes until it is all completely smooth.
- Pull out the nougats from the freezer.
- Gently whisk the melted coconut oil into the chocolate sauce, then pour chocolate over each nougat until they are mostly covered.
- Put the trays in the fridge to chill or into the freezer for a quick set.