I wanted to create a recipe for a beautiful dessert just in time for Valentine’s Day. Just make sure not to do what I did and indulge on the ingredients during the preparation – Let’s just say there were a few coconut casualties. Make sure you save some for your Valentine!
Makes one dozen macaroons
- 1 cup shredded coconut (ground)
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup agave necter
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Grind the one cup of shredded coconut, the walnuts, and the almonds in a high speed blender (dry container) or a food processor until you get a medium-fine consistency. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add agave, coconut oil, and the 3/4 shredded coconut to the ground mixture. Combine using a spoon or spatula.
- Roll into balls and place onto a plate covered with parchment paper. Put them in the freezer to set.
Chocolate Dip (before preparing the chocolate, make sure the macaroons are set!)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave necter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- Whisk together ingredients until thoroughly and evenly mixed. Dip the tops of the macaroons in the chocolate but work fast because once the chocolate cools, it hardens! Set coated macaroons back onto parchment paper and let the chocolate set (2-3 minutes).
Enjoy voraciously or give them to your Valentine.