My mom always made the best pumpkin pie when we were growing up. She made it from scratch and it was better than any other I’ve ever tried. I finally perfected the taste and the creamy texture with this no-bake raw vegan version.
3 cups pecans
1/2 cup clear organic agave
4 cups pumpkin (chopped)
1 thai baby coconut (meat and nectar)
1 cup pitted dates
9 tbsp psyllium husk
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Grind the pecans into a fine powder. Pour them in a bowl and mix with agave.
2. Pour the crust mixture into an 8″x8″ pie pan, pressing the mixture with a spoon into the edges and sides to create an even crust.
3. In a high speed blender combine pumpkin, thai coconut meat, thai coconut nectar, pitted dates and cinnamon. Pour mixture into a large bowl.
4. Whisk psyllium husk into the pie filling mixture and watch it thicken before your eyes.
5. Pour filling to pie crust shell and place pie in the fridge for 1 hour to further thicken. Once chilled it is ready to serve. It pairs nicely with a side of vegan vanilla ice-cream!!
1 thai baby coconut yields approximately 1 1/2 cups of coconut nectar, but you can use coconut water if you choose instead. Also, psyllium husk provides a lot of fibre, so make sure you drink lots of water. Happy Thanksgiving!